Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dr. Z Update

Zira is not doing well so far.  She perked up after she got the initial meds and oxygen at the vet yesterday, but this morning she had another bad attack, even after the meds.   She is at the vet now for her EKG and bloodwork.  The vet has told me that in some dogs with sudden onset congestive heart failure it is not possible to stabilize the condition.  When she saw Zira she was very unhappy with how she looked and felt she has not responded to the meds.  In addition Dr. Z has several other conditions going on (kidney issues which she has had for several years, thyroid issues, and now possible Cushings disease).  I trust my vet to help me make the right decision and while I want to stick by Z, I don't want her to suffer.   I am facing a tough decision in the next few days, unless we can somehow increase the meds and see an improvement.  Please keep Z in your thoughts.


Z on her Dad's lap (center) on Christmas in her bobble sweater from Archie's Mom Melissa

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you and your family. These times are so hard to face and the choices so painful. I wish you peace and comfort as you go through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you all...this is so hard for all of you. I'm sending many healing thoughts to Zira that the meds do begin to help.

    You all will make the right decision when the time is presenting itself...and Zira will know it too.

    xxxooo Ellen, Tucker and Stewie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juju hat in place for you and MS Zira.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this... My thoughts are with you and Zira. It is really hard but I am sure whatever you decide, it will be the best for her. I am praying that her condition will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Zira, we're sending you lots of good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I am so sorry. I didn't know Zira was sick. My paws are crossed that her condition improves. Sending you lots of good vibes and support.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Much hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete